Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: tokyo concert

  1. #1
    Inactive Member knightjewel's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 11th, 2000
    Posts
    181
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    Having been an insatiable and by now fairly knowledgeable accruer of Cherie stuff, I was very surprised to find out recently that there is a slightly longer version of that 40 minutish Tokyo concert everyone seems to have.
    This different one is an 'artvillage film' and has 'you drive me wild' accompanied by footage of Japanese folk on motobikes.
    It has some sound at the opening 'welcome' conference and extra close-ups of Cherie!
    It has no adverts and I guess is the original of the broadcast version which is all I have ever seen before.
    Is this common knowledge and ignorance perculiar to me?

  2. #2
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    It's news to me too knightjewel!

    Did you say extra close-ups of Cherie?!?!
    [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
    Gus

  3. #3
    Inactive Member knightjewel's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 11th, 2000
    Posts
    181
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Smile

    Yes, at the opening 'Welcome' conference there are extra close-ups of Cherie talking into the microphone and talking to Lita.
    There is also some sound of what is being said above the 'C'mon' track.
    There is also an extra close-up of the Currie wink and I believe a little extra footage of them arriving with bouquets.
    Whoever cut this for adverts?

  4. #4
    Inactive Member carlinowitz's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 17th, 2005
    Posts
    20
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    How can I get a copy of that concert? Is it on VCD or DVD? Someone please be kind enough to let me know! Thanks gang!

  5. #5
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    Unfortunately it's a bootleg or I'd help you track it down.
    Gus

  6. #6
    Inactive Member carlinowitz's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 17th, 2005
    Posts
    20
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Okay, thanks. I'll keep looking...perhaps on the Yahoo! Runaways board.

    Be well and swell.


    -cc-

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Links to Cherie Currie's Websites:http://www.cheriecurrie.comhttp://www.chainsawchick.com
http://www.therunaways.com
http://www.myspace.com/cheriecurrie
http://www.myspace.com/cheriecurriemusic